DPA ©
Raheem Sterling, now the most expensive English
footballer in history, said on Wednesday he had ignored all the
criticism of his protracted move from Liverpool and was just looking
forward to getting started.
The 20-year-old signed a five-year contract on Monday in a deal worth
an initial 44 million pounds (69 million dollars), potentially rising
to 49 million pounds.
Sterling had rejected an offer of 100,000 pounds per week to extend
his Liverpool stay and he was urged to sack his agent for the bad PR
he received as a result.
But in an interview with Manchester City TV he claimed he had been
largely oblivious to the press coverage.
"I'm just glad it's over and done with," he said. "I really didn't
pay too much attention to everything that's been going on in the
papers. You just have to take it in your stride.
"I've had friends and some of my family asking me if I'd seen it but
I said I'd completely switched off from the situation. My focus was
just about going to City.
"I'm just looking forward to meeting the boys, getting out on the
pitch and cracking on."
Sterling said he believed the strength of the City squad meant they
should be big challengers for the Premier League title again this
year, having been pipped by Chelsea last season
"I think are more than capable of winning things, year in year out,"
he said.
"I'm really looking forward to working with them. The more quality
players you have around you I think the better you get out of
yourself."




0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire