DPA ©
| |||
|
Former Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers admitted his disappointment at losing his job but said Monday that it had been "an honour and a privilege" to manage "one of the game's great clubs." Rodgers lost his job Sunday shortly after a 1-1 draw with Everton, having come under pressure since the start of the season. After just more than three years in charge, Rodgers was sacked by Liverpool, who have reportedly approached German Juergen Klopp, the former Borussia Dortmund manager, about the role. In a statement released through the League Managers Association, Rodgers said: "I am, of course, incredibly disappointed to be leaving Liverpool Football Club. "It has been both an honour and a privilege to manage one of the game's great clubs for the last three years. "I have worked every day to represent the club to the best of my ability, to develop both individual players and a team that the club's magnificent fans can be proud of." "The current squad is one in transition, but they have some real talent and are showing a strong sense of togetherness," he said. "I expect to see them continue weeks." |




0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire